Monday, March 22, 2010

iLove: Pomplamoose

i could spend hours and hours on youtube going through hundreds of video covers by budding musicians all over the world. so with Lady Gaga rocking up a storm with her latest talked-about video Telephone, i thought it would be most appropriate for me to introduce my latest favourite youtube discovery, Pomplamoose.



Pomplamoose is a collaboration between Nataly Dawn and Jack Conte from corte madera, california. they started making music together since the summer of 2008. their unique take on many popular songs such as Aerosmith's I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Michael Jackson's Beat It, Beyonce's Single Ladies and Earth, Wind & Fire's September have received millions of views.

if you like them as much as i do, all their music (including 8 original songs) is available for download on iTunes.

let me leave you with a song i fell in love with after watching Juex d'enfants (Love Me If You Dare) starring Marion Cotillard and Guillaume Canet. it's undeniably the most famous french tune ever, originally sung by Edith Piaf. i was absolutely thrilled to have found this version by Pomplamoose. it has officially become my favourite rendition ever. enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. If you enjoy French movies, here's a couple of films that I would highly recommend watching (I hope you'd enjoy them as much as I did!) :-

    - Je vous trouve très beau
    - Le scaphandre et le papillon (The Diving Bell and The Butterfly)
    - Hors de prix
    - Le petit Nicolas
    - Le prix a payer

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved The Diving Bell and The Butterfly, that scene where they sewed his eyes shut was absolutely brilliant filmwork!

    i'll check out the others you've mentioned, another one of my favourites is He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not starring Audrey Tautou. have you watched that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! It's brilliant! Plus, it's a true story. Scary when you really think that it happened in real life.

    I've watched He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not but Audrey Tautou freaked me out in her role. How she was all nice and peachy and when the story turned to other role, damn she stings! But yeah, it's a good movie.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, subject to moderation.