Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hen Night Planning.

I've officially hit the window where almost everyone around me is getting married and having babies.

I love weddings, I really do. I've spent years taking down mental notes, clipping magazines and compiling them in thick, heavy binders in my mind. I love attending weddings - well, a certain sort of wedding anyway; I've found some to be quite impersonal and void of all the essence that would drive two crazy people to commit to a lifetime together to begin with.

But you really spend your whole life attending weddings, even as a child. You watched your siblings, aunts and uncles, even cousins tie the knot in your sunday best. There's cake and other children to run wild with, much to the delight of the adults who then have some time to socialize with other adults, to save their sanity. What's really new to me is, on the other hand, hen nights!

Planning a successful hen night is just not as simple as that of a stag do. Mapping out a pub crawl for a bunch of rowdy men, wired and ready to drink away their consciousness just won't do. Not to mention, the bride-to-be we're honouring this weekend is much too tasteful for cheap tequila shots and a male stripper! (There aren't any fantastic ones worth the money in Singapore, from what I've heard!)

I actually began writing this post with intentions on researching and sharing with you the quirkiest hen party ideas but as I was googling I found everything much too cheesy!

I went online and found a bunch of games, props and costumes for inspiration. Everything from cheeky shot glasses, bright pink satin sashes dripping in crystals, tiaras, dare games... the works, but nothing was particularly genius.

So, since I've got my dream (future) wedding down to tiniest details, I figured I should probably give my hen night a thought too!

My ideal hen party would definitely have to take place in a gorgeous cliff top sea view villa in Bali.

My darling girlfriends and I will be treated to hours upon hours of pampering body scrubs, relaxing body massages, rejuvenating facials and all the other simple pleasures in a woman's life.

Every evening we would dine at sunset, either on the beach or with a view of the beach. Pina Coladas and Mojitos all around!

And after the 12th dinner cocktail, my entourage and I would adjourn to one of the many night clubs and dance the night away. What's more, we could party comfortably in our beach dresses and flip fops! No sore feet from 4 inch stilettos! (Nothing the masseuse couldn't take care of the next morning...)

Then, repeat cycle the next day! And who knows... I may even stay on to get married in Bali!



Is it inevitable we're back to fantasizing the dream wedding again? (It's a job hazard, having come from an events background, I'm telling you!)

Naaaaaaahhhhhhh! Being young and single is way too fun to give it up... for now. (;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, subject to moderation.