Monday, July 12, 2010

My mini weekend getaway.

I've been gagging for a holiday for months. The last trip I took was to Bali last June!

I haven't been abroad since but waking up in the comfort of hotel sheets can have the same effect. Well, almost the same effect.

I stayed a night at the Scarlet Hotel over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it! The room was lush and enveloped in deep, rich hues of reds and golds. The fittings were accentuated in leather and a relaxing mix of lemongrass and lavender scents hung delicately in the air-conditioned room.

Aside from just alluring aesthetics and elaborate hospitality, the Scarlet Hotel boasts the perfect location for tourists, couples in search of an accessible city retreat or an enclave for the weary individual in need of some time alone.

For more information on the Scarlet Hotel, visit www.thescarlethotel.com

What had to be my favourite part of the weekend is exploring the vicinity. The hotel is nestled in a cosy corner of the city centre and is a stone throw's away from Chinatown and Ann Siang Hill.


Along Club Street and Ann Siang Hill sit rows of quaint cafes, cosy restaurants and eclectic shops. This was also where I discovered Gem (10 Ann Siang Hil), a rustic bar with my favourite Kronenbourg Blanc beer on tap. Venture inside to find a den-like lounge area, with massive, billowing upholstered arm chairs and sofas to seat a small party.



Another must-visit bar is The Screening Room. They offer a relaxing rooftop bar, which overlooks Chinatown and the Singapore city skyline. Mega fans ensure that there is always a constant breeze to ease you into the warm tropical evenings. Ardent movie goers will delight in regular movie and food themed nights held in their cushy screening rooms.

When the weekend drew to a close, I couldn't help but feel a wave of disappointment - the kind that often gets you down after a good holiday. Luckily for me, I have only one month to slog through before my first official vacation of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, subject to moderation.