Thursday, July 1, 2010

iLove: Benefit from Crimson Rose

It's so funny how when I was 18 and partying at least four nights in a week, I never really developed eye bags or dark circles. I could go without sleep for 48 hours and still look as bright and chirpy as I would after ten hours of sleep.

Now that I'm approaching my mid-twenties, I find myself looking quite worn out even with the minimum 7 hour rest. The grey mounds under my eyes seem to swell a little more each day. Sadly, I've even turned to the Retouch Tool on iPhoto - just a little swipe and eye bags be gone!

A close girlfriend of mine recently snagged a wholesale supplier and has begun bringing in Benefit cosmetics in bulk. Now, I don't really wear that much makeup and I'm definitely not a makeup junkie. Whatever makeup I have is just enough to last me until the palettes and tubes run out. Usually just some shadow for the brows and eyes, mascara and blusher and I'm good to go. However, I noticed that most girls in this cosmopolitan city either wear the works, or they don't at all.

Benefit, with it's whimsical names and packaging, has taken Singapore by storm. Their unique, frisky appeal quickly bought the local consumers over, in spite of the slightly higher prices.

So I went through the catalogue of available products and stopped dead in my tracks. It never occured to me that I may one day have to acquire any form of concealer. I've got relatively clear complexion, aside from the occasional acne attack, but the recent developments in droopy and tired eyes saw me making an order for the Realness of Concealness mini kit. What's more, for $30, it was a steal!
In addition to my eye bag (also applies to other flaws) quick fix, I ordered the highly sought after Smokin' Eyes kit, also for $30.

Perhaps the reason why Benefit has done so well in Singapore is that these mini makeup kits come with an instructional booklet on how to apply the products to achieve the desired look. Most ladies here will tell you that they really have no idea how to apply makeup properly. The ones who don't admit that include the minahs with their paper thin arched brows.

So if you fancy spending a little bit of money on makeup this month, do add Crimson Rose on facebook and have a look at the products available. They also bring in Nyx and are looking into bringing in Urban Decay very soon. Some sprees require a preorder but most are already in stock and ready for sale. Crimson Rose only does meet-up transactions to ensure that you receive all goods in the best condition. For the busy working girl, you can even opt for courier service at only an additional $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, subject to moderation.