Wednesday, September 15, 2010

twenty-four!

It's been a pretty trying week but the day has finally arrived - I turn twenty-four.


My cat Billy took a turn for the worst last Saturday and had to be rushed to the hospital. He was discharged yesterday and is home but not fully recovered yet.

Nevertheless, I had a fantastic dinner and some drinks with my closest friends at Blu Jaz Cafe on Bali Lane on Monday evening. Today, I'm visiting the rooftop bar on our office building with my colleagues (who have all just learned that I am officially the youngest associate in the company) for more birthday drinks, and I still have a birthday surprise this Saturday (planned by the better half) to look forward to. I guess no matter how challenging the year has been, I can still count myself incredibly blessed.

Through the wonders of social networking technology, my phone has been beeping nonstop with facebook notifications of friends taking the time to leave some love on my wall. I think it's amazing that people I haven't seen in years and acquaintances I've only just met spared a moment today to think of me.

Presents, cake and celebrations aside, this is what birthdays should be about - knowing you exist.

Thank you one and all for the kind thoughts and warmest wishes. Have a lovely Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, subject to moderation.